Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Delicious sea scallops with artichokes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cansquartered water-packed artichoke hearts, drained
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 16 sea scallops
- 1⁄2 cup vermouth
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add 2 turns of the pan of olive oil, about 2 tablespoons and the chopped shallots to the pan.
- Cook shallots in oil a minute or so.
- Add artichoke hearts and toss to heat through.
- Season artichokes with salt and pepper and combine with parsley and capers.
- Transfer artichokes to a serving dish.
- Wipe out pan and return to the heat, raising heat a bit.
- Season drained and trimmed scallops with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 turn of olive oil to the very hot pan and immediately place the scallops in the pan and sear in a single layer, causing them to carmelize, 2 minutes on each side.
- Add vermouth and cook out the alcohol, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Arrange scallops in vermouth over the top of the artichokes and serve.