Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
These scallops are so tasty served with spinach and oranges. The recipe is courtesy of the Harvard Street Grill.
- 6 -8 large scallops
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach
- 2 navel oranges
- 5 large basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 ounces olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- fresh cracked black pepper
- kosher salt
- Mix finely chopped shallots and garlic set aside.
- Segment oranges and place segments in a small mixing bowl; add the thin strips of basil to the orange segments, add 1/2 of the finely chopped shallots & garlic to the orange segments; add 1-ounce of olive oil & cracked pepper,Gently Mix; set aside( this can be made early but most be at room temperature to serve).
- Place TWO saute pans on medium-high heat; season scallops with salt and pepper; divide the remaining olive oil into the TWO preheated pans: In one pan, add butter,Add reserved garlic and shallots, Quickly stir for 10 to 15 SECONDS and Add spinach; saute 20 to 30 seconds; remove from heat and season.
- In the other pan, Add the seasoned Scallops, sear for about 1 to 2 minutes, Flip over scallops and sear other side for about 1 to 2 minutes; remove from heat (do-not over cook). The center will look slightly translucent when cooked properly.
- Place sauteed spinach in center of plate, arrange scallops and oranges around the spinach, Serve.
I had made this quite a while ago and thought I had given a review, but it is not showing so here goes again. This was a wonderful dish and quite a unique blend of flavors. It went together real quickly and I absolutely loved it, especially the orange mixture. It reminded me of an orange salad my family made when I was a child. Thanks once again, Barb for another super recipe.