Sea Scallops With Sauce Meuniere
- Rinse scallops in cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large saute pan, heat 3 tablespoons butter on high heat until sizzling; add scallops.
- Immediately reduce heat to medium, and cook scallops 2 to 3 minutes per side until lightly browned, turning once.
- Melt the rest of the butter in with the scallops then add the chopped green onions and the garlic, tossing to coat and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook for 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and cayenne; sprinkle with the snipped parsley.
- Serve hot with a generous squeeze of fresh lemon.