Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delectable pan-seared sea scallops, with a classic French browned butter and lemon sauce! Quick and easy recipe.
- Rinse scallops in cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large saute pan, heat 3 tablespoons butter on high heat until sizzling; add scallops.
- Immediately reduce heat to medium, and cook scallops 2 to 3 minutes per side until lightly browned, turning once.
- Melt the rest of the butter in with the scallops then add the chopped green onions and the garlic, tossing to coat and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook for 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and cayenne; sprinkle with the snipped parsley.
- Serve hot with a generous squeeze of fresh lemon.
I added extra lemon over the scallops at serving time. These were excellent served with lemon rice and a fresh salad. Thanks!
This gets 5 stars for simplicity and quick prep time! I enjoyed this recipe, the scallops were cooked perfectly and picked up just a hint of flavor from the sauce. Next time I think I will add some fresh herbs and maybe more garlic, but this is a good dish to highlight the flavor of fresh sea scallops.
We had this for dinner a few days ago. Very tasty, easy and perfect for some huge diver scallops I had in the freezer. I served with some spaghetti and a salad. Would not change a thing. Thank you for posting. Will make again.