Recipe by mollypaul
An appetizing first course from the flavor center of the universe, Louisiana. Courtesy of Chef Robert Krol of Crozier's, featured in The Louisiana New Garde television series.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- olive oil
- 8 sea scallops
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast the peppers in a 400F oven until very dark; place in a paper bag for 15 minutes.
- Peel and remove seeds and ribs (don't do this under running water, you want all the flavor).
- Place in a blender or food processor and whirl until smooth.
- Place puree and next two ingredients in saucepan and cook for about five minutes.
- Stir the cream into mixture and cook to reduce (about five minutes).
- Season to taste and keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan; add the scallops and cook on each side for about two minutes each.
- Transfer 2 scallops to each plate and garnish with pepper sauce.