Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This was posted in Cooking for Love and was submitted from The Tarragon Tree restaurant, Chatham, NJ which closed in 1988. Sounds interesting. Maybe you had it there? There is a 2 hour marination.
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1 orange
- 1 tomatoes, skinned, seeded, diced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon saffron
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped, save some sprigs for garnish
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- Cut each of the scallops in half to have all of equal size and put in a bowl.
- Julienne a few strips of orance zest and save for garnish. Grate the orange and sprinkle over the scallops.
- Juice the orange and pour over the scallops.
- Add tomato, saffron, white wine, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Marinate scallops for 2 hours or longer.
- Melt butter in skillet and saute shallots.
- Drain scallops, reserving marinade and cook scallops for 1-2 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK-remove scallops.
- Add reserved marinade to skillet and cook until reduced to a glaze.
- Add the cream; bring to a boil, stirring, and reduce to desired thickness.
- Add scallops and stir to coat and serve immediately, garishing with parsley sprigs and orange peel strips.