Recipe by Jenniegal
My husband brought home these huge Maine sea scallops and I made another experiment which turned out really good. It was very light and tasty and simple to make. I used baby portobello mushrooms & bowtie pasta. The hubby would like to see this done with angel hair pasta next time.
Top Review by becpres
The recipe was easy to make and it took about 30 minutes. I had all the ingredients in my pantry and happened to have the mushrooms on hand. Used frozen baby scallops and Barilla Spaghetti only about 1.5 cups of spaghetti to serve two people. My husband and I thought it was tasty and light. Not sure if children would like this dish, but we did and I would make it again.
- 1 lb sea scallops, quartered (about 10 large)
- 8 ounces pasta (about 3 cups cooked al dente)
- 3 ounces fresh mushrooms (about 8 medium sliced)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- rinse scallops & drain.
- melt 2 Tbsp butter in large non-stick skillet.
- add 1 clove pressed garlic & scallops.
- cook over medium heat about 6 - 8 minutes, stirring often.
- remove scallops and set aside leaving juice in pan.
- Add wine, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 2 cloves pressed garlic and mushrooms. Saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta to pan, 1 Tbsp butter, stir until melted.
- Add cooked scallops, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp sea salt, stir, cover pan, remove from heat & let juices blend for about 5 minutes.
- Stir & serve.