Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fast and easy! This is great served over rice.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet pepper (red or yellow is pretty)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In lg skillet, melt butter and cook scallops for about 7 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, add pepper, onion and garlic.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add wine, stir 1 minute.
- Add broth, milk, and parsley.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens, 1-2 minutes.
- Add scallops and heat through.
We thought this was bland. I'm not sure how to punch it up. Maybe add more garlic or some cayenne pepper???
Scrumptious! Instead of cooking the way recommended I used some scallops in their shell and cooked over a BBQ grill and prepared the sauce on the side using the wok burner. I poured the sauce into the shells at the end. Very quick and tasty! I used some green peppers which was all I had, so my photo might not look all that pretty but it sure tasted great!
Ahhh, MizzNezz.....!!! This recipe was fabulous. DH is eating more seafood, and is especially fond of scallops. I made this recipe just for him, using 5 medium sea scallops. I used 1Tbsp. butter and 1 Tbsp. olive oil for sautéing. I didn't have regular onions, so substituted green onion. You know, it looked really lovely with the red pepper, and dh said it tasted like a 5* restaurant. The sauce was nice and smooth, and complimented the scallops. Thanks for posting another tried & true recipe. :-)