Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very easy and extremely delicious. This is one of our favorite ways to serve scallops.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb fresh asparagus spear (tender parts only and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 16 sea scallops
- 1⁄2 cup vermouth
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the chopped shallots to the pan. Cook shallots in oil for about 1 minute.
- Add the asparagus pieces and saute until tender crisp.
- Season asparagus with salt and pepper and add the capers and parsley. Cook for an additional minute.
- Transfer asparagus mixture to a serving dish.
- Season drained and trimmed scallops with salt and pepper. And using the same skillet, turn heat up and add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Immediately place the scallops in the hot pan and sear in a single layer, until they are carmelized, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Add vermouth and cook 1 to 2 minutes to cook out the alcohol.
- Arrange scallops in vermouth over the top of the asparagus and serve.
Terrific recipe. Served rice pilaf and carrots cooked with shallots alongside. YUMMY!!