Recipe by chia
this makes a great dinner for 4, or an appetizer for 8 and is a wonderful light dish. adapted from diabetic recipes 2003
Top Review by Kelli Ron
I thought this was a lovely, delicious dish. The ingredients are things we have on-hand, making this recipe easy. I wish I had had a finer mesh to strain the sauce, but it was still yummy! I will make this one again.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon black tea leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 8 ounces rice noodles, cooked and set aside
Directions See How It's Made
- heat olive oil in skillet, add garlic, stir.
- add scallops, cook 2-3 minutes until opaque, set aside.
- add orange juice to the skillet, add tea leaves, soy sauce, honey and any reserved scallop liquid reduce heat and simmer to thicken.
- strain sauce in fine mesh, add liquid back to pan, discard solids.
- add scallops back to pan, coat with sauce.
- serve over rice noodles.