1/7 Photos of Sea Scallop and Cod Pie Topped With Mashed Potatoes
1 hr 20 mins
A wonderful comforting Irish dish. This is good for those of you that are fasting not eating red meat during lent. Try it with shrimp in place of scallops.I made this again using bay scallops because that's all the store had and I enjoy the sea scallops so much more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 large sea scallops (1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 lb of your favorite white fish fillet (Cod or sea bass my favorite)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 cup sweet white wine or 1/4 cup sherry wine
- 1 1/2-2 1/2 lbs fresh mashed potatoes, about 5-8 large potatoes
- 1Clean the scallops and cut in half, leave fish whole then simmer in the milk for 15 minutes.
- 2Strain, reduce the liquid cooking for 5 more minutes.
- 3Heat 2 tablespoon of the butter and stir in the flour, cook for about a minute, stirring, then add the milk gradually, stirring all the time to avoid lumps.
- 4Season with salt and white pepper, add the sliced mushrooms and simmer for about 10 minutes longer; then add the sherry and finally the scallops and fish.
- 5When hot, transfer to an oiled 2 quart ovenproof dish and cover with mashed potatoes, making sure they cover the fish right to the edges.
- 6Dot with the remaining butter sprinkle with paprika and bake in a moderate oven, 350°F, for 20-30 minutes, or until the top is turning brown.
- 704/29/04- I made this again adding 2 sliced scallions and 1/4 cup green peas to the fish just before topping with potatoes.And used vermouth because I ran out of sherry.
- 83?18/11 I made it this yer topped with Colcannon.
- 9I also did add scallions and green peas.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sea Scallop and Cod Pie Topped With Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.9
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 71.8 mg
- Sodium 942.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 19.3 g