Recipe by Manami
I love to mix sweet and salty and this candy does just that. A treat for all palates from the most sophisticated on down. Found this on the Nestlé web site. 1 hr cooling time.
- 8 ounces dark baking chocolate, broken into pieces (Nestle Chocolatier 53% Cacao)
- 1⁄2 cup smoked almonds, coarsley chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt (Preferably large crystals)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 8" baking pan with wax paper.
- Microwave chocolate in uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH(100%)power for 1 minute; STIR.
- The sections may retain some of their original shape.
- If necessary, microwave at additional 10-15 second intervals, stirring just until smooth.
- Stir in 1/4 cup almonds.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining almonds.
- Tap pan several times to spread chocolate & settle nuts.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces.
- Store in air-tight container at room temperature.