1/7 Photos of Sea Salted Coffee Toffee Bars
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
A dense, buttery cookie with a hint of coffee forms a base for the soft, nutty topping. Finished with a sprinkling of sea salt, these bars offer a contemporary balance of both sweet and savory flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- 3Add flour, 1 cup at a time, stirring between additions. Add instant coffee crystals and blend until well incorporated.
- 4Pat batter into ungreased 9x13x2-inch baking pan in an even layer.
- 5Bake until edges are lightly browned and center is puffy, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, in heavy saucepan, stir condensed milk and 2 tablespoons butter over low heat until butter melts. The mixture will thicken and become smooth. Stir in vanilla or rum, remove from heat and let sit until bottom layer is done baking.
- 7Sprinkle nuts over baked bottom layer and pour hot condensed milk mixture evenly over nuts using a spatula to spread.
- 8Return to the oven and bake until top is golden and bubbling, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 9Immediately sprinkle desired amount of sea salt over bubbling toffee top. Cool slightly in pan and cut into bars. Bars can be kept up to one week in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sea Salted Coffee Toffee Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.0
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 38.0 mg
- Sodium 373.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 24.1 g
- Protein 4.0 g