1/1 Photo of Sea Salt Ice Cream
3 hrs 45 mins
Yes, i know it sounds odd. Have friends or relatives who liked the popular video game Kingdom Hearts 2? Well, this is a tasty treat they'll definitely enjoy trying :).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate the eggs into two good sized bowls.
- 2Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- 3Mix the egg yolks and sugar until thick.
- 4Slowly bring the milk to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- 5Pour the hot milk into yolk/sugar mixture and mix well.
- 6Pour milk/yolk/sugar mixture back into pot and heat on medium until thicker to make a custard (DON'T LET IT BOIL! also, if you can't get it to a custard thickness,just get it as thick as you can).
- 7Pour custard in with beaten egg whites and mix well.
- 8Add sea salt (keep adding salt until it tastes salty sweet, but be careful not to add to much).
- 9Put mixture in fridge to cool.
- 10Once cool, add cream and vanilla .
- 11(Optional) Add 12 drops of blue coloring, and 3 drops of green coloring.
- 12Freeze, following your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- 13If you don't have an ice cream maker pour mixture into 1 or 2 metal cake pans and set in freezer. Let sit until edges become firm, then remove and mix. Repeat until uniformly frozen.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sea Salt Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.4
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 255.4 mg
- Sodium 157.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 22.5 g
- Protein 11.1 g