Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Fine Cooking, July 2007. Use on grilled salmon... really good!
Make and share this Sea Salt, Cilantro and Lime Butter Topping for Grilled Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, lightly toasted and coarsely ground
- 3⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Beat the softened butter in a small bowl to loosen it up. Mix in the remaining ingredients, making sure they are evenly distributed. Refrigerate the butter until firm, about one hour. Keep chilled until ready to use.
- Place a dollop or two of the butter on salmon as soon as it comes of the grill.
I cut this recipe in half since it's just me and Cam. I grilled two large salmon fillets and several spears of asparagus, and still had PLENTY of butter left over. This was a delicious and attractive dish, unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of everything :-( Made for PAC Spring 2010.