Recipe by JackieOhNo!
From Liddabit Sweets
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made these as given, & carted them off to a potluck to share with friends! Raves all around for your caramels! Wonderfully tasty & flavorful & well-worth making again in the future! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar recipe tag]
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- oil or cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium, heavy bottomed saucepan, bring sugar, evaporated milk and heavy cream to a boil over medium heat. Add corn syrup and continue cooking until mixture reaches 230 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Add butter, vanilla; cook, stirring constantly, until caramel reaches 240 degrees. Remove from heat, stir in salt; pour into a lightly oiled 13x9-inch baking dish (parchment paper in pan helps).
- Let cool at least 1 hour. Invert onto a cutting board covered with waxed or parchment paper and cut into 1-inch pieces with a sharp, lightly oiled knife. Caramels can be wrapped in waxed or parchment paper or cellophane. (To serve candy-store style, wrap individual pieces in parchment paper and secure ends with a twist.) Store airtight at cool room temperature (around 65) or in the refrigerator; will keep up to 3 weeks.