Recipe by healingfoods
This is an amazing blog with lots of delicious recipes! This is a tried and true recipe at our house, however I would decrease the amount of honey a bit for me. glutenfreefix.com/sea-salt-caramel-brownies/2256/
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour, packed
- 1⁄4 cup almond flour, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup cashew cream or 1⁄2 cup coconut milk or 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease a 9×9 square baking dish (for thick brownies) or 9×13 glass dish for regular brownies.
- Melt together the butter, chocolate and coconut oil.
- Whisk in the honey. Allow mixture to cool down before adding your eggs.
- Stir in your eggs.
- Add your flours, baking soda and salt. Whisk well to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly into greased baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before topping with caramel.
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, combine butter and honey. Bring to a boil.
- Continue to cook, stirring frequently until it turns a dark caramel color. You want it to be slightly darker than what you want in the end. Remove from burner. Add milk (stand back, it will splatter!) Stir to combine.
- Let cool slightly and allow to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Pour caramel onto cooled brownies. Spread evenly to cover.
- Sprinkle with sea salt. Cut into small squares, as they are very rich! These cut most cleanly once chilled. Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 1 week.