Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
Bliss Raw Cafe owner Dee Pissaro in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area, created this recipe. Gleaned from Vegetarian Times magazine. Cooking time is soaking time. I haven't tried this yet, so putting here for safekeeping.
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw sunflower seeds
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet pickles
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dulse flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place sunflower seeds in a bowl and cover with cold water. Soak for 4 hours.
- Drain the seeds. Pulse with oil and salt in a food processor until chunky past forms.
- Move to a bowl and stir in remaining ingredients. Enjoy!
...i really enjoyed this recipe and meal...i am very new to raw foods, and i am learning slowly...this was simple enough with ingredients that i had readily available...i did not add dulse flakes--because local store does not carry it...i am looking for lunch alternatives for my girls to take to school...they are at that age where they are embarrassed to bring lunches that are smelly ie real tuna fish or egg salad--so this is a great alternative!