Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a real interesting anti-bloating soak to be used during those times just before your menstrual cycle swings in because that is the time when you might retain a bit of fluid. Bloating is the most uncomfortable thing ever and I've suffered alot of it, so I know how terrible it is. Hence this recipe really interests me and I will be trying it out shortly. Sea plants are prized in many cultures for their balancing and detoxifying effects in the body, as well as in their ability to break down accumulated fat in various organ systems. This mild bath can help to normalise the balance of fluids in the body. This is also a nice bath when you want to detox a bit and freshen your skin. This reipe is from the book "Glow - A Prescription For Radiant Health and Beauty by Christina Pirello author of COOKING THE WHOLE FOODS WAY". Enjoy!
- Combine everything together in a large pot.
- Allow the mixture to come to a boil without covering it.
- Reduce the flame to low.
- Allow the mixture to simmer until the liquid is quite darb.
- This takes about 15 minutes.
- Strain out the sea plant and lemon zest, reserving the rest of the liquid.
- Run a bath, as hot as is comfortable for you.
- Add the reserved arame water to the bath and soak in it for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse your skin well with warm water and then pat dry.
- Please note: This bath is not to be used during menstruation as it can cause a heavy flow since it draws.