1/1 Photo of Sea Perch on a Bed of Risotto With a Morel Sauce
The Flying Chef's Note:
I made this last night to experiment with some different flavours, it worked really well, but it was full of flavours and very creamy, so not for the faint hearted or those who are on a diet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil
- 2 sea perch fillets (If they are large 1 and cut it in half)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 g butter
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 swiss brown mushrooms, chopped into small pieces
- 15 g butter (extra)
- 1/2 cup risotto rice
- 2 cups water
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 2 teaspoons white truffle oil
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2Heat the oil in a pan add leek and garlic, cook until leek softens, add butter and mushrooms, cook until mushrooms soften. Remove to a bowl and set to one side.
- 3Melt the extra butter in a pan add risotto and stir to coat risotto in butter. Add water, wine, chicken stock and truffle oil, simmer over a low heat until risotto is soft and all the liquid has been absorbed.
- 4In the last few minutes of cooking add peas and return leek, mushroom mixture back to pan, stir until peas are soft and it is heated through.
- 6Heat oil and truffle oil in a pan, add shallots and cook until translucent, add wine and stock and bring to the boil.
- 7Turn down the heat add the cream half a cup at a time, stirring to combine after each addition.
- 8Add the chopped morels and pepper to taste. Mix a small amount of water to cornflour and add to sauce, stir until mixture thickens.
- 9Sea Perch.
- 10Heat a small amount of olive oil in a large pan, add fish fillets and cook until done, cooking time will depend on how thick the fillets are, for thinner fillets about 6-8 minutes and for thicker fillets 10-12.
- 11To Serve: Spoon risotto onto a plate top with fish fillets and drizzle sauce over.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sea Perch on a Bed of Risotto With a Morel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (931 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 900.5
- Calories from Fat 592
- Total Fat 65.8 g
- Saturated Fat 34.1 g
- Cholesterol 224.0 mg
- Sodium 299.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 25.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white truffle oil
white truffle oil