Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe came from the back of a Creamettes macaroni box many years ago, but it's still requested often and is a hit at potlucks. Cooking time is chill time.
- 16 ounces macaroni, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 7 ounces tuna in water, canned, drained
- 17 ounces baby peas, canned, drained
- 1 cup Cheese Whiz or 3⁄4 cup diced mild cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons green bell peppers, minced
- 1 tablespoon pimiento, diced
- Pour macaroni into 2 quarts of rapidly boiling water to which 2 heaping teaspoons of salt have been added. Boil for 6 to 8 minutes. Drain and stir in the cheese whiz until combined and slightly cooled.
- Stir in mayonaise or salad dressing blended with sour cream and seasonings,. Gently stir in remaining ingredients.
- Chill thoroughly and serve.
This is good! I thought it was seasoned perfectly. I added a little smoked paprika to garnish the top and it blended well with these flavors. Thanks for posting, enjoyed it a lot!