Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Seafood stuffed mushrooms, what is better...
- 8 (3 inch) portabella mushrooms
- 1 lb refrigerated king crabmeat
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup italian-seasoned fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Clean mushrooms, remove and disgard stems.
- Arrange mushrooms gill side up in a shallow baking pan.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine crabmeat, peppers, mayonnaise and parsley.
- Divide mixture among the caps.
- Combine breadcrumbs and butter, sprinkle over stuffed mushrooms.
- Bake 15 minutes or until centers of mushrooms are tender.
- Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Impressive looking and tasting, without much work! I couldn't find the 3 inch mushrooms, but 8 oz. of crab fills two larger size portobellos perfectly. I made this twice, once substituting boursin for the mayo which was delicious. You will need to add foil on top of the mushrooms during the last few minutes of baking to prevent the bread crumbs from burning. Add a salad and this is a quick and filling dinner!