Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe I found on an English website, the recipe is from English chef Elizabeth Treliving who appears regularly on BBC Southern Counties Radio. She is a contract caterer for Garsons Restaurant and has written 'Fresh from the Farm'. I am posting this recipe for the 2005 Zaar World Tour. The recipe didn't actually specify how many it is to serve; my guess is four, but it depends, of course, on the size of your serving glasses. The recipe was also non-specific about how much mint was to be chopped and mixed in with the creme fraiche. Please exercise your culinary discretion!
- 200 g creme fraiche
- 100 g smoked salmon
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 6 sprigs of fresh mint, 4 leaves reserved for garnish
- 250 g strawberries, 4 reserved for garnish
- Placed the shredded lettuce in the bottom of 4 sundae glasses and top with a layer of smoked salmon, cut into pieces.
- Finely chop the mint and mix it with the creme fraiche; roughly chop strawberries and gently fold them into the creme fraiche; and spoon this into the glasses over the salmon.
- Decorate each starter with a whole strawberry and a sprig of mint, chill well and serve with crispy white rolls.
Well, to be honest, it does have possibilites but is a little bland and soupy as written. It also could have been this new brand of creme fraiche I used, but I had to mix it with a bit of cream cheese, squeeze in a little lemon and then added some lemon zest for uumph, then a little fresly cracked pepper. Interesting and different with potential!