Recipe by bluemoon downunder
A recipe I found on an English website, the recipe is from English chef Elizabeth Treliving who appears regularly on BBC Southern Counties Radio. She is a contract caterer for Garsons Restaurant and has written 'Fresh from the Farm'. I am posting this recipe for the 2005 Zaar World Tour. The recipe didn't actually specify how many it is to serve; my guess is four, but it depends, of course, on the size of your serving glasses. The recipe was also non-specific about how much mint was to be chopped and mixed in with the creme fraiche. Please exercise your culinary discretion!
Top Review by Trinkets
Well, to be honest, it does have possibilites but is a little bland and soupy as written. It also could have been this new brand of creme fraiche I used, but I had to mix it with a bit of cream cheese, squeeze in a little lemon and then added some lemon zest for uumph, then a little fresly cracked pepper. Interesting and different with potential!
- 200 g creme fraiche
- 100 g smoked salmon
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 6 sprigs of fresh mint, 4 leaves reserved for garnish
- 250 g strawberries, 4 reserved for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Placed the shredded lettuce in the bottom of 4 sundae glasses and top with a layer of smoked salmon, cut into pieces.
- Finely chop the mint and mix it with the creme fraiche; roughly chop strawberries and gently fold them into the creme fraiche; and spoon this into the glasses over the salmon.
- Decorate each starter with a whole strawberry and a sprig of mint, chill well and serve with crispy white rolls.