Recipe by cakeinmyface
this is where you can show off at partys floating drinks etc, dont expect to get it irght first time it may take a little practice especially if youve already had a few cocktails. During my spell in university doing my psychology degree i worked ina popular chain of cocktail bars in the uk called revolution. i kept all my training materials, and myu little laminated ingredient lists that i used to keep in my apron. i thought it was about time i updated them onto recipezaar. There are some revolution classics in this and also some that they dont do anymore at rev. I may be a bit vague on the floating parts of cocktails, i haven’t made them in a while. This may be a good excuse to! the reason why i specify using a glass tumbler to mix the drink in is purely for logistics- creating one drinks worth at a time by measuring it out in the serving glass and serving it in the same glass. its how we used to do it a rev, if your prefer to do it in a cocktail shaker thats fine just beware not to out too much ice in.
- 50 ml cranberry vodka (finlandia cranberry)
- 150 ml cranberry juice
- 150 ml grapefruit juice
- lime wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- half fill a 14 oz glass witrh ice and pour out grapefurit juice.
- in a seperate glass or shaker add some ice and the cranberry juice.
- if using tumbler put the larger half of the cocktail shaker on the top of the glass tumbler hold tight and shake until their is light condensation on outside of the cocktail shaker.
- tap cocktail shaker gentle on a surface to release glass and SLOWLY pour the cranberry and vodka mix from cocktail shaker back into tumbler containing grapefruit juice aiming for a floating ice cube.
- voila it should float serve with a lime wedge.