Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this one from a neighbor. Great with sea bass, but you could use a similar less expensive fish fillet.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 lb sea bass fillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large skillet, melt butter; add apple slices and cook over med-high heat until tender (about 5-7 minutes). Stir in honey and cinnamon and toss. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- In a shallow, bowl, mix together flour, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Place beaten egg in another shallow bowl.
- Place breadcrumbs in another shallow bowl.
- Dredge fish fillets in seasoned flour, then dip into beaten egg, then dip into breadcrumbs.
- In the empty skillet, heat the olive oil. Cook prepared fish fillets over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes per side or until opaque and flake easily.
- Place on serving platter and top with the warm honeyed apples.