Leslie in Texas's Note:
This is a light, yet intensely flavored sea bass dish. The fish is baked and then served with a sauce rich in Asian flavors. Delicious served with Chilled Asparagus with Sesame Vinaigrette and steamed white rice. Originally from a local newspaper, spotlighting local Oriental restaurants.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sake or 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 sea bass fillets (6-8 oz.)
- 1/3 cup sake or 1/3 cup sherry wine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons peeled minced fresh ginger
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch long matchstick-sized strips
- 6 -8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and caps thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, cut into 2 inch long matchstick-sized strips
- 1For Sauce: Combine broth and cornstarch in bowl and stir until cornstarch dissolves.
- 2Add remaining ingredients; stir to blend.
- 3For Fish: Preheat oven to 425°.
- 4Place sea bass in a large baking pan and spoon over the sake, soy sauce, and 2 T oil.
- 5Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of the ginger.
- 6(Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Let sauce stand at room temperature. Cover fish and refrigerate.) Bake fish 9 minutes per inch of thickness.
- 7Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- 8Add remaining 3 tablespoons of minced ginger and stir until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- 9Add carrots and stir-fry until beginning to soften, about 2 minutes.
- 10Add mushrooms and continue stir-frying for about 1 1/2 minutes more.
- 11Add green onions and stir to coat.
- 12Stir sauce ingredients to blend and add to skillet;cook until sauce thickens, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- 13Transfer fish to plates; spoon vegetables and sauce over and serve.
Browse Our Top Bass Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sea Bass With Gingered Vegetable Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.1
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 997.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 27.2 g