Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fancy fish for two in a flash from Good Food Magazine, January 1988.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 skinned sea bass fillets (6-8 oz. each)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine mayonnaise, garlic, and lime juice in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place fish fillets, skinned side up, on broiler pan. Spread half the mayonnaise evenly over fillets.
- Bake 5-7 minutes and remove from oven.
- Heat broiler.
- Carefully turn fillets over and spread with remaining mayonnaise. Broil 4-6 inches from heat, watching carefully, until browned. Transfer fillets to serving platter and sprinkle with parsley. Serve h ot.
This recipe is a keeper. My wife doesn't care for mayo, but she never knew she ate it. The fish turned out so moist and tasty.
The aroma coming out of the oven was incredible! Delicious.
Did not have parsley so I used cilantro instead. It goes really well with the lime>