1/1 Photo of Sea Bass Cuban Style
This was a highly rated recipe that I found on the Safeway website, posted by Kiki Hahn (though the allrecipes site is credited for the photo). It's a recipe for sea bass simmered in a delicious tomato and white wine sauce with onions and capers for a little flavor kick. The posting chef suggests serving it with rice pilaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 354.88 ml white onions, thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml garlic, minced
- 946.36 ml plum tomatoes, chopped
- 354.88 ml dry white wine
- 158.51 ml stuffed green olive, sliced
- 59.14 ml capers, drained
- 0.59 ml red pepper flakes
- 4 (680.38 g) sea bass fillets
- 29.58 ml butter
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until soft. Stir in the garlic, and saute about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, and cook until they begin to soften. Stir in wine, olives, capers, and red pepper flakes. Heat to a simmer.
- 2Place sea bass into sauce. Cover, and gently simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Transfer fish to a serving plate, and keep warm.
- 3Increase the heat, and add butter to sauce. Simmer until the sauce thickens. Stir in cilantro.
- 4Serve sauce over fish.
Browse Our Top Bass Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sea Bass Cuban Style
Serving Size: 1 (527 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.2
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 85.5 mg
- Sodium 439.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 34.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stuffed green olives