Recipe by sassafrasnanc
I've been a huge fan of shrimp and scallop ceviche for years but on my last trip to Costa Rica I discovered the wonderful sea bass ceviche that they serve in almost every restaurant. I had it every single night while there. It's just wonderful. The recipe calls for letting the fish marinade for 1 hour but I prefer at least 3 hours. I definitely want my fish "cooked".
- 1 lb filet of fresh sea bass, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, adjust to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper, adjust to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place fish in a bowl. Pour lime and lemon juices over the fish. Cover and let it sit for 1 hour.
- Add onions, red bell peppers, parsley, and cilantro. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper to taste before serving.
- Serve with crackers on lettuce.