Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've been a huge fan of shrimp and scallop ceviche for years but on my last trip to Costa Rica I discovered the wonderful sea bass ceviche that they serve in almost every restaurant. I had it every single night while there. It's just wonderful. The recipe calls for letting the fish marinade for 1 hour but I prefer at least 3 hours. I definitely want my fish "cooked".
- 453.59 g filet of fresh sea bass, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 118.29 ml lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 118.29 ml lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 59.14 ml red onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml red bell pepper, minced
- 59.14 ml parsley, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml sea salt, adjust to taste
- 1.23 ml ground pepper, adjust to taste
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper (optional)
- Place fish in a bowl. Pour lime and lemon juices over the fish. Cover and let it sit for 1 hour.
- Add onions, red bell peppers, parsley, and cilantro. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper to taste before serving.
- Serve with crackers on lettuce.