1/3 Photos of Sea Bass Baked With Onion and Honey
This is an easy recipe to pull together. If you're being really indulgent you'll want one fish each. But if you have a few side dishes, one fish per two people will be enough for a taste of this treat. We serve it with mashed potatoes (with some of the extra onions mixed in) and green peas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 200 C (about 400 F).
- 2Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and gently sauté the onions and garlic until soft, about 5-8 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, use a sharp knife to score the outside of the fish.
- 4When the onions are soft, take them off the heat.
- 5Pull the thyme leaves off the stem and mix in with the onions.
- 6Season to taste and let cool.
- 7Smear the honey on the inside of the sea bass, then fill with the onion mixture.
- 8Use kitchen string to secure the fish.
- 9Lay the fish in a baking tray and sprinkle over some salt and pepper.
- 10If you have extra onions you can also set them in the tray.
- 11Drizzle over the olive oil and bake on the top rack of your oven for 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Bass Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sea Bass Baked With Onion and Honey
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.1
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: