Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
A Peruvian-inspired seviche/ceviche that my husband and I love. Marinate time is cook time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh sea bass or 1 1⁄2 lbs other white firm-fleshed fish fillets, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 lb raw small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Put the fish and shrimp in a glass bowl.
- Add in the lime juice, garlic, salt, and serrano peppers; stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Add in the celery, onion, cilantro, and oil; stir to combine.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes more.
- Serve at once.
Thanks so much for this recipe. It would have taken me a long time to figure out what I had tasted in Costa Rica...you got it just right! I make this constantly.
After returning from a trip to Ecuador & Peru where we sampled some great ceviche, our group got together last weekend to share photos. As part of the fun, we served a couple of ceviche dishes. This one was by far the best. if you like fish, lime and cilantro...you will love this recipe. We even substituted cod and langostino and it was terrific.