Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A Peruvian-inspired seviche/ceviche that my husband and I love. Marinate time is cook time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh sea bass or 1 1⁄2 lbs other white firm-fleshed fish fillets, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 lb raw small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the fish and shrimp in a glass bowl.
- Add in the lime juice, garlic, salt, and serrano peppers; stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Add in the celery, onion, cilantro, and oil; stir to combine.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes more.
- Serve at once.