Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was cut out of Real Simple magazine a long time ago. I made it for a dinner date. It was a big hit! And you can drink the leftover champagne!
- 1 1⁄2 cups champagne (or 1 1/2 cups dry sparkling wine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 scallions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea bass fillets (cut into 4 pieces)
- 1 seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3⁄4 cup light cream (or 3/4 cup whole milk)
- Place the champagne in a large skillet and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the cucumbers and cook 3 to 5 minutes more or until the fish just flakes when tested with a fork.
- Remove the fish and vegetables from the skillet and keep warm.
- Increase heat to high and boil the liquid in the skillet, uncovered, until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Blend in the light cream. Spoon some sauce onto each of 4 plates. Arrange the vegetables and fish on top.