Recipe by RedVinoGirl
Giada does it again with this light, tasty and flavor-packed sea bass dish!! YUM! I'm sure you could sub in less expensive mild white fish but I think the sea bass shines in this one.
- 4 (6 ounce) sea bass fillets
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning fish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning fish
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaf, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper. Put the flour in a shallow bowl, dredge the fish, tapping off the excess flour to create a light coating.
- In a medium nonstick fry pan, heat the 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Cook the fish until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer fish to a plate.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel and heat the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, tomatoes, water, parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook at a simmer for 10 minutes. Add the basil and the fish and heat for 2 minutes. Serve immediately.