1/2 Photos of Scungilli Salad
Revised: Thanks to JerseyJoe's comments, I revised my reciepe. This is one of my family’s favorite seafood salad. We use can Scungilli (sliced conch - which is one of a number of different species of medium-sized to large saltwater snails). And low in calories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (29 ounce) can scungilli
- 1 cup celery, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 3 7/8 ounces black olives, california pitted and sliced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, sliced very very thin
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 -2 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- fresh ground red pepper flakes (to taste)
- shrimp (optional)
- 1Drain the scungilli and rinse under cold water.
- 2Sliced in bite-size pieces (if not already sliced).
- 3Toss sliced scungilli, celery, olives, garlic, salt and peppers.
- 4Mix together oil, lemon juice and parsley.
- 5Add to scungilli mixture.
- 6Add bite size shrimp, if desired.
- 7Refrigerate and marinate for at least 30 minutes (or longer).
- 8Serve on a bed of lettuce.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scungilli Salad
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.1
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 89.0 mg
- Sodium 819.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 33.1 g