Recipe by Ruby15
UPDATED: 5/8/2017 This is one of my family’s favorite seafood salad. We use can Scungilli (sliced conch - which is one of a number of different species of medium-sized to large saltwater snails). And low in calories. I do understand that everyone taste might be a little different - this recipe is a good start, feel free to adjust ingredients to suit your family.
- 1 (29 ounce) can scungilli
- 1 cup celery, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 1⁄4 ounces black olives, california pitted and sliced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, sliced very very thin (garilic can also be grated)
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 -2 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- fresh ground red pepper flakes (to taste)
- shrimp (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the scungilli and rinse under cold water.
- Sliced in bite-size pieces (if not already sliced).
- Toss sliced scungilli, celery, olives, garlic, salt and peppers.
- Mix together oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper cilanto and parsley.
- Add to scungilli mixture.
- Add bite size shrimp, if desired.
- Refrigerate and marinate for at least 30 minutes (or longer).
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.