Recipe by CookingMonster
Great to make the nite before and bake off in the morning, fresh for breakfast. Kids love this. I call them my little scufflemonsters. I can't quite remember how many you get out of a batch, so the numbers may be out on servings.
Top Review by lovefood63
I've been making these for a few years, and they are melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Got the recipe from my mother-in-law, but thought she was joking about the recipe title (she wasn't). You've got to try them--they're worth the effort. I always use butter, not margarine.
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix in large bowl, flour, salt, yeast and margerine.
- Add milk, eggs and water.
- Knead dough and let stand in fridge overnight.
- In morning, divide dough into 4 equal parts.
- Roll as for pie crust.
- Mix 1 Cup white sugar and 2 tablespoons cinnamon.
- Sprinkle on both sides.
- Cut into triangles and roll wide end to narrow end.
- Bake in greased pan, 12-15 minutes in 350 degree oven.