3 hrs 30 mins
It's a quick, classy, absolutely delicious desert to make for Thanksgiving, Christmas or an Autumn/Winter Dinner Party. The recipe was originally published by BBC in 2003. I have made it the last 3 years at Christmas and it flies off the plate. The cream filling is flavored with Baileys Irish Cream-enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F/180°C.
- 2Line a swiss roll tin or baking sheet with non-stick parchment.
- 3Melt the chocolate either in the microwave or a double boiler.
- 4Separate the eggs. Put the yolks and the sugar in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Using a hand mixer, beat the mixture for 5 minutes until the mixture leaves a trail when the blades are lifted. Whisk in the melted chocolate.
- 5In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites into stiff peaks. Whisk a large spoonful into the chocolate mixture, then fold in the rest.
- 6Pour the mixture into the tin and gently shake to spread the mixture into the corners. Bake for 20 minutes Remove from oven and cool in the tin, covered loosely with foil for about 2 1/2 hours.
- 7Once the cake has cooled, whip the cream until it holds it shape, then stir in the liqueur. Put a large sheet of wax paper on the work surface, turn out the roulade and peel off the parchment paper. Spread with the whipped cream.
- 8Shift the roulade into position in front of you, ready to roll. Make an indent across the top 1" in, then lift the wax paper and use it to roll the roulade.
- 9It will crack, but don't worry, that only adds to the authenticity!
- 10Dust with icing sugar and decorate with milk chocolate shavings.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scrumptious Yule Log! (Chocolate Roulade)
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.0
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 240.9 mg
- Sodium 88.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 30.8 g
- Protein 10.6 g