Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have to admit I have made lasagne 50 years the traditional way and in comes my granddaughter with lasagne done great and in a non-traditional way with wonton wrappers. All she said was, "They asked for tofu on their recipe and I don't like tofu. What I like is using the wonton wrappers (like 6x6" is like already boiling the noodles.)" Never gave my granddaughter enough credit for being this smart. Gosh, we learn from our own at all ages, don't we.
- 1 (1 lb) package wonton wrapper
- 3 cups cheese, grated (Mozzarella and Cheddar mixed)
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) can spaghetti sauce (different brands weigh different JUST A TALL CAN)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed chile (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder (optional)
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 (5 ounce) can canned mushroom slices (optional)
- Brown hamburger with onion. Drain.
- Add seasonings.
- Add can of spaghetti sauce.
- Add optional ingredients.
- In a 9X13 pan, place first layer of won ton wrappers then sauce and cheeses.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Very Good, next time I will use "Gramps Spaghetti Sauce" for the sauce, very firm Lazagne.