Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
These chewy, flavorful delights go fast :-) This recipe is a takeoff on the carob walnut cookies recipe in John Robbins' "Diet For A Small Planet."
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup ghirardelli cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup blackberry jam
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 0.5 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (or peanut butter chips if nonvegan)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degres.
- Put white flour, wheat flour, chocolate powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt into food processor.
- Whir til mixed.
- Put maple syrup, jam, veg oil, and vanilla into food processor with the flour mix, and process til mixed.
- Stir in pecans and chips with a spoon.
- Spray oil on baking sheets to lightly mist surface, and drop teaspoonfuls of batter onto tray, about 15 cookies per tray.
- Bake each tray for 10 minutes.
- Should make about 45 cookies.
These are amazing! Mine turned out soft and gooey from the choc chips. Thank you for the scrumptious vegan recipe!!!