1/3 Photos of Scrumptious Swedish Apple Pie
This doesn't have the typical pie crusts that Americans are used to. Instead, it is more like a coffee cake or cobbler. The batter is mixed with the apples and the whole mixture is baked in a pie plate. Much easier than a traditional crusted pie, and a nice change of pace with a delicious topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup finely ground almonds (or another 1/4 cup all-purpose flour)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (or another 1/4 tsp vanilla)
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/8 tablespoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1Peel and chop the apples, set them aside.
- 2Mix the flours, sugar, cardamom (optional) and baking powder together; add the egg whites and blend thoroughly.
- 3The batter will be stiff.
- 4Fold in the chopped apples.
- 5Put mixture into a greased pie plate.
- 6Mix the sugar, cinammon and cardamom together.
- 7Sprinkle over the top of the apple-batter mixture.
- 8Bake at 350F for 35 minutes.
- 9Enjoy! (Always delicious with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream).
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scrumptious Swedish Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.2
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 267.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 51.0 g
- Protein 8.3 g