Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
My mom and I came up with this recipe when the cake we were making for Potluck stuck to the pan. We tried as hard as we could to get it out in one piece, but it broke into lots of little pieces. We looked up a basic recipe for trifle and based this recipe off of it. It turned out great! It was the first dessert to get eaten. The cooking time is for baking the cake and for the 1 hour chill. I hope everyone likes it!
- Bake cake as directed on box.
- Once baked, cut cake into 1-inch cubes (approximately). Put half of the cake in a large serving bowl, put the other half aside.
- Take the juice from the thawed strawberries and pour half of it over the cake in the serving bowl and the remaining half over the other cake.
- Mix the pudding as directed on package. Before it sets, pour 1/2 cup of the still liquidy pudding over each half of the cake.
- Wait for the remaining pudding to set.
- Once set, pour half of the pudding and 1/2 cup of strawberries over the cake in the serving bowl.
- Put the remaining cake on top of that.
- Put the remaining pudding and 1/2 cup of strawberries on top of the 2nd layer of cake.
- Top with the whole tub of cool whip.
- Chop the chocolate up in a food processor until in very small pieces (or even powder works).
- Add remaining 1/2 cup strawberries and crumbled chocolate.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hours.