1/2 Photos of Scrumptious Strawberry Trifle
1 hr 40 mins
Dixie Vader's Note:
My mom and I came up with this recipe when the cake we were making for Potluck stuck to the pan. We tried as hard as we could to get it out in one piece, but it broke into lots of little pieces. We looked up a basic recipe for trifle and based this recipe off of it. It turned out great! It was the first dessert to get eaten. The cooking time is for baking the cake and for the 1 hour chill. I hope everyone likes it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake cake as directed on box.
- 2Once baked, cut cake into 1-inch cubes (approximately). Put half of the cake in a large serving bowl, put the other half aside.
- 3Take the juice from the thawed strawberries and pour half of it over the cake in the serving bowl and the remaining half over the other cake.
- 4Mix the pudding as directed on package. Before it sets, pour 1/2 cup of the still liquidy pudding over each half of the cake.
- 5Wait for the remaining pudding to set.
- 6Once set, pour half of the pudding and 1/2 cup of strawberries over the cake in the serving bowl.
- 7Put the remaining cake on top of that.
- 8Put the remaining pudding and 1/2 cup of strawberries on top of the 2nd layer of cake.
- 9Top with the whole tub of cool whip.
- 10Chop the chocolate up in a food processor until in very small pieces (or even powder works).
- 11Add remaining 1/2 cup strawberries and crumbled chocolate.
- 12Cover and chill for at least 1 hours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scrumptious Strawberry Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.3
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 221.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 28.5 g
- Protein 0.9 g