This cupcake is impressive!
Make and share this Scrumptious Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup mashed fresh strawberries (1 and 1/2 c. whole=1 c. mashed)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 4 eggs
For the lemon cream cheese frosting
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) bar cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 lbs powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- For cupcakes: In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and gelatin mix. Make a well in the center and pour in mashed strawberries, oil, milk and eggs. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl and beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into prepared cupcake pans.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 min or until cupcakes are done.
- For the lemon cream cheese frosting: Cream together shortening, butter, and cream cheese until nice and smooth. Add vanilla into mixture and combine. Sift together sugar and salt, and slowly add to shortening, butter & cheese mixture. Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Top each cupcake with a slice of strawberry and lemon zest. Voila!