Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups bean sprouts, fresh if possible
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 fluid ounces bottled water, divided
- 8 sheets egg roll wraps
- 1⁄2 cup prepared biscuit mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- sesame oil
- vegetable oil, mixed with sesame oil, for frying
- hot mustard
- no-salt-added ketchup
- low sodium soy sauce
- Combine pork, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, sherry and garlic powder; mix well.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in hot wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; brown pork mixture in hot oil.
- Add bean sprouts, onion and 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
- Stir-fry until vegetables are tender-crisp; drain and cool.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 2 oz water.
- Place about 1/3 cupful pork mixture on lower half of egg roll skin.
- Moisten left and right edges with cornstarch mixture.
- Fold bottom edge up to just cover filling.
- Fold left and right edges ½“ over; roll up jelly-roll fashion.
- Moisten top edge with cornstarch mixture and seal – repeat for all rolls.
- Combine biscuit mix, egg and remaining 4 oz water in small bowl; dip each roll in batter.
- Heat oil for frying in wok or large saucepan over medium-high heat to 370°F.
- Deep fry rolls, a few at a time, in hot oil for 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden brown, turning often.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Slice each roll into 4 pieces.
- Serve with hot mustard, ketchup and soy sauce as desired.