Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an simple salad to make and everyone always asks me for the recipe!
- 2 lbs fresh spinach, torn
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 cup sugar (can also be made with splenda)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 3⁄4 cups salad oil
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, crumbled (optional & you may use more or less to your liking) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds (optional & you may use more or less to your liking) (optional)
- Using a blender, mix onion, sugar, salt, and dry mustard. Slowly and alternately mix in oil and vinegar.
- Combine spinach, mushrooms, and optional items if desired.
- Pour dressing mixture over and toss lightly.