Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from USA Weekend and it's an Ellie Krieger recipe.
Make and share this Scrumptious Sloppy Joes recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 425.24 g can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 354.88 ml tomato sauce, no-salt-added
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml dry mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Brown the meat and onion in a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, breaking up the meat into crumbles as it cooks. Pour out the drippings.
- Add the garlic, jalapeno and bell pepper and cook 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Stir in the rest of the ingredients; reduce to low heat and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Scoop a portion of the mixture onto each bun and serve.