Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from USA Weekend and it's an Ellie Krieger recipe.
Make and share this Scrumptious Sloppy Joes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce, no-salt-added
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Brown the meat and onion in a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, breaking up the meat into crumbles as it cooks. Pour out the drippings.
- Add the garlic, jalapeno and bell pepper and cook 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Stir in the rest of the ingredients; reduce to low heat and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Scoop a portion of the mixture onto each bun and serve.