Recipe by polly salama
this is good for breakfast or for dinner. it's nice because it's a one dish meal and very filling.
Top Review by RecipeNut
This was a great breakfast meal. The only thing I changed was after I browned the sausage then added the potatoes and onion I transferred it to a baking dish because I didn't want to put my skillet in the broiler. I usually don't use salsa but this recipe has changed my mind. It gave it just the right amount of spice. It is a keeper in my house!
- 3 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup salsa (what ever kind you prefer)
- 12 ounces Jimmy Dean sausage (not links-what ever flavor you prefer)
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- in a heavy skillet cook the sausage completley-drain off the excess fat.
- in microwave cook the potatoes for 4-6 minutes.
- add potatos and onion to skillet and stir-cook over medium heat until the potatoes are semi soft.
- cook the eggs to your liking.
- add the salsa over top of the skillet mixture,then spread the cheeses evenly over the top of the skillet mixture- reserve enough to sprinkle over eggs-about an ounce each.
- add eggs and sprinkle remaining cheese over the eggs.
- place in the oven on broil-on the center rack and cook for 5-10 minutes until cheese is bubbly.