Recipe by polly salama
this is a great tostada that i invented after craving shrimp and mexican flavors at the same time.
Top Review by Gay Gilmore
Made this for a Mexican-themed party and they were gone in instants. Used real tostadas and just broke them in 4 pieces and put one shrimp on each piece to make a bite-size passable appetizer. Also used Mexican cheese instead of cheddar/jack, though it looked nicer, I think I'd go back to a more meltable cheese next time.
- 6 -8 small flour tortillas or 6 -8 small corn tortillas
- 1 lb cooked shrimp (no shell or tail)
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 tablespoons tequila (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- fat-free refried beans, 1 can
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- guacamole (see the recipe i've posted)
- pico de gallo (see the recipe i've posted)
Directions See How It's Made
- two hours before serving combine lime juice,garlic,red pepper flakes,cumin,and tequilla in a zip lock baggie, then add shrimp and refridgerate and let marinate at least two hours.
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- pre heat the beans.
- put the tortillas in the oven for 3-4 minutes each side.
- sprinkle a little of each cheese on tortillas-enough to cover.
- then add beans,shrimp and another layer of the cheeses.
- bake until the cheese is bubbly around 5-8 minutes.
- serve with guacamole and pico de gallo.