polly salama's Note:
this is a great tostada that i invented after craving shrimp and mexican flavors at the same time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 small flour tortillas or 6 -8 small corn tortillas
- 1 lb cooked shrimp (no shell or tail)
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 tablespoons tequila (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- fat-free refried beans, 1 can
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- guacamole (see the recipe i've posted)
- pico de gallo (see the recipe i've posted)
- 1two hours before serving combine lime juice,garlic,red pepper flakes,cumin,and tequilla in a zip lock baggie, then add shrimp and refridgerate and let marinate at least two hours.
- 2preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 3pre heat the beans.
- 4put the tortillas in the oven for 3-4 minutes each side.
- 5sprinkle a little of each cheese on tortillas-enough to cover.
- 6then add beans,shrimp and another layer of the cheeses.
- 7bake until the cheese is bubbly around 5-8 minutes.
- 8serve with guacamole and pico de gallo.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scrumptious Shrimp Tostadas
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.6
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 195.9 mg
- Sodium 1124.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 29.1 g