Recipe by BrotherAdso
A simple, healthy way to season and scramble some protein. Goes great with ketchup, toast, etc. I served it with steamed squash and toast for dinner. The skim milk makes the eggs nice and creamy and eggy-tasting, even though the scramble only has one yolk per person.
- 6 egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 4 scallions, sliced small
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced medium-small
- 4 -6 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 small onion (optional)
- 1 -2 cup diced green bell pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2-3 teaspoons peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the egg whites, yolks, spices, and milk.
- Stir in vegetables until well distributed in the mixture.
- Heat garlic in oil until sizzling.
- Add the egg-milk-spice-vegetable mixture. Scramble over medium high - high heat until done to your desire. Season as cooking with pepper and cilantro.